Monday, July 1, 2013

I don't wanna grow up!

Lars had his birthday on the 18th.  The girls picked out a set of Nerf guns for his present.  (Back story: Any time we go to a store, Lars will peruse the toy aisle and make the comment, "They never had toys like this when I was a kid!")  This was, hands down, the favorite family gift.  As soon as they were out of the box, Leah grabbed one Nerf gun and Lars grabbed the other.  Leah immediately started trying to shoot at Lars and Lars immediately dove into a sermon about Nerf gun safety, including first and fore most, never aim at someone's face.  In the next second, a Nerf dart came whizzing across the room and hit Lars directly in the eye!
Leah fell all over herself apologizing, "Sorry Dad!  I was aiming for your chest!"  I fell all over myself laughing.  Lars immediately instituted a "No Nerf guns without safety glasses" policy.  (Which is hilarious if you know ANYTHING about Lars as a child!)  The rest of the day little girls in sunglasses (because who actually owns safety glasses?) were running around my house shooting Nerf guns at each other.

Best. Present. Ever. 

No comments: