Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Half Wheat Bread

So I came across this recipe for "No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread".  Made me laugh because it's actually only half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour.  I suppose Whole Wheat bread sounds better than Half Wheat Bread.  :)


No-Knead (Half) Whole Wheat Bread
(Taste of Home's Holiday Get-Together Cookbook)

1 T dry yeast
1 1/4 c warm water
2 T honey*
2 T butter
1 t salt
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.  Stir in honey; add butter, salt and whole wheat flour.  beat on low speed until well-blended.  Stir in all-purpose flour.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Pour batter into a greased bread pan.  cover and let rise in a warm place until batter reaches edge of pan, about 30 minutes.  Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.  Makes 1 loaf. 

*My girls didn't like the honey taste so I just used brown sugar instead.  I think it has a better taste with honey, but my opinion just doesn't count in this vote.

1 comment:

Hokanson Family said...

I have a great all whole wheat recipe with honey, molasses and goodness in it if you want it. Facebook me!!