Monday, November 14, 2011

400 cookies

This is officially my 400th blog post.  Who knew I had so much to say?  (Don't answer that.)

Today for my baking adventure I was jonesin' for some Molasses cookies, but I wanted pumpkin in them.  I found a recipe for molasses cookies on food.com and made my own adjustments to it.  They turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  :)



Soft Molasses Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup softened butter 
    • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    • 3/4 cup white sugar
    • 3/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup molasses
    • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    • 4 cups flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
    • 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light colored and fluffy.  Add in pumpkin and mix thoroughly. 
  3. Beat in molasses and eggs; set mixture aside.
  4. Dump in salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.  Mix thoroughly. 
  5. Add in flour.  Mix.
  6. Scoop out 1 1/2 inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet.
  7. Pour a bit of white sugar in a bowl.  Dip the bottom of a cup into the sugar and press the cookies flat.
  8. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes.  Do not over bake!

No comments: